Sunday, April 11, 2021

Restarting the blog for Golden Rule and other activism

I'm happy to start blogging again. As we prepare the Golden Rule to sail from Hawai'i to San Francisco Bay, people should be able to follow us and enjoy the process as much as they would like.

The crew is set

We have Captain Kiko Johnston-Kitazawa and Captain Malinda Anderson from the Big Island of Hawai'i, Nolan Anderson from Seattle, and Michelle Marsonette  (Kanoelehua) of Albany, Oregon as crew, with Gerry Condon as alternate.

Captain Kiko arrives Thursday April 15 for initial boat prep with me and the rest of the crew will arrive April 25.

Flight from Oakland to Honolulu

I got my Covid test through Vault Health again.  The $120 is well worth it to be sure that the results are ready before the flight.  They sent my results the day after the sample arrived in their lab.  It's simple to order and you take the sample (spit into a vial) while someone watches you on zoom, then get it to your nearest UPS store that does overnight delivery.

My wonderful partner, Gerry, took me to the airport, and traffic caused enough delay that it took nearly 3 hours to get there.  My luggage was marked as late and I was warned that it might not make the flight.  But my luggage and I arrived safely and Ann Wright picked me up and took me to her home, where I'm staying until Golden Rule leaves Honolulu.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment